Overall this is a very good Running back class. If you look past my top five guys you still can find players like D’Onta Foreman, James Conner, Donnel Pumphrey, etc. You don’t need to take one in the first round to get your starter for the next 5 years.
1) Christian McCaffrey: A great runner with good vision, blazing speed, and pass catching abilities.
Pros: Pro ready, asset in both versions of your offense
Cons: Work horse in college
Round Projection: Top 15
2) Leonard Fournette: Amazing size plus explosive speed. Decent blocker, not reliable in the pass game.
Pros: Can hit the whole fast, runs over defenders
Cons: Injury history, maturity questions
Round Projection: Top 10
3) Joe Mixon: Amazing talent with huge off the field concerns.
Pros: Pass catcher, Patient runner, Solid speed
Cons: Off the field concerns
Round Projection: Round 3
4) Dalvin Cook: Homerun hitter with off the field issues
Pros: Good size, Explosive in space, Solid in pass game
Cons: Nagging shoulder injuries, Multiple off field incidents
Round Projection: Early Round 2
5) Alvin Kamara: Solid back who has lighting in his legs
Pros: Can blast through any hole, Patient runner
Cons: Average size, Average pass blocker
Round projection: 2nd to 3rd Round