Marlon Mack Running back from University of South Florida
5’11” 213 lbs.
40 yd.: 4.5
Draft projection: 3rd to 4th round
Hometown: Sarasota, FL
College Career Total: Based on 3 seasons
586 attempts for 3,609 yds. & 32 touchdowns
65 receptions for 498 yds. & 1 TD
- Smooth striding running style, excellent straight line speed
- Reliable in passing game, has soft hands
- Good hips and balance after contact
- Home run playmaker ability
- Little careless with the football, 12 fumbles in 3 years
- Bounces to the outside too often not comfortable between tackles
- Average pass blocker
Marlon will have to prove that he can be an effective interior rushing back to earn himself a starting role. Most see him as a change of pace back that can surprise a tired defense with his big play ability. Marlon had a nice combine in the drills and having 4.5 speed is good enough in my books. Most scouts see him as a sleeper with upside potential in the right system. He’s projected to land in the 3rd to 4th round.