Anthony Walker Jr. Inside Linebacker from North Western
6’1″ 245 lbs.
40 yd dash: 4.69 sec
225 lbs. bench: 23 reps
Draft Projection: 3rd-4th round
Background: 2x All Conference Player and 2x All State Honoree
Anthony Walker Jr, a Miami native who has been groomed for the NFL since a very young age. His father Anthony Sr., was his mentor and little league coach. Many nights they spent studying film and enjoying football conversation. In high school Walker was very versatile playing 3 different positions WR, LB & DB. He totaled 200 tackles, 8 interceptions, 6 force fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries and 4 TD’s as a receiver.
College Career : 36 games
276 tackles, 38 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, 12 pass deflections, 6 fumble recoveries, 8 forced fumbles and 2 defensive touchdowns. One of the defensive touchdowns was a pick six against Christian Hackenburg that earned him the nickname “The Franchise”.
- hard hitting tackler
- 3 down backer
- Good in middle zone coverage
- reads QB eyes well
- anticipates pass direction
- good ball skills
- plays well in man coverage vs RB out of the backfield
- Closing speed is impressive
- effective interior blitzer when clean
- sideline to sideline play style
- Quick not fast. Bulked up senior year and scouts think he lost some mobility.
- Needs to work on flexibility and sharpen hand technique on shedding blocks.
- Needs to limit arm tackles and getting pinned inside on rush pursuit.
Final Notes: AWJ played a 4-3 scheme in college but some scouts think he may be best in a 3-4. Match him up with a bigger blitzing linebacker so he can roam free. Run n Chase play style would be perfect. He has all the tools and skills to be a solid defender at the next level. Scouts have given him NFL comparisons to Lavonte David or Kiko Alonso and project him to land in 3rd-4th round.